ParaFi Capital, an investment firm focused on blockchain and decentralized finance, has raised nearly $30 million in a new fund, according to a regulatory filing.
- The ParaFi Private Opportunities – Series I fund opened on Nov. 19 and raised the money from 75 investors. The fund doesn’t have a set financial goal, and ParaFi checked “indefinite” for how long it will continue to accept investments.
- ParaFi also filed for a new growth fund that has yet to begin accepting investments. The company cited as “indefinite” both the total offering amount and the total remaining to be sold.
- Founded in 2018 by KKR alum Ben Forman, ParaFi has around $1 billion in assets under management.
- ParaFi declined to comment about the new funds when contacted by CoinDesk.
- The latest moves come two months after KKR & Co. made its first blockchain-related investment with a stake in ParaFi’s flagship fund, which focuses on decentralized finance markets.