Bitcoin mining company Fortress Technologies has ordered 4,500 Bitmain Antminer S19j Pro machines as it seeks to capture a greater share of mining revenue.
- The purchase will more than triple Fortress’ hashrate from 195 petahash per second to 645 PH/s, the company announced Monday. A petahash is a measure of computational power.
- The machines are scheduled for delivery in monthly instalments from April to September 2022.
- Financial terms weren’t disclosed, and Fortress didn’t immediately respond to CoinDesk’s request for details.
- The purchase follows two weeks after Fortress bought 180 Whatsminers M30S machines, which are expected to be installed by the middle of this month.
- Fortress, which is listed on the Toronto Venture Exchange (TSX-V: FORT), underwent a shake-up of its leadership team in September following the departure of CEO Aydin Kilic, who joined publicly traded crypto mining firm Hive Blockchain as president and chief operations officer.
- At the time, Fortress named Antonin Scalia CEO and Drew Armstrong chief operating officer. Both executives came from Galaxy Digital.
Read more: Hive Blockchain Orders Another 6,500 Bitcoin Mining Machines From Canaan
Read more: UAE-Based Phoenix Technology Consultants Places Order for $650M Worth of Crypto Mining Rigs